Layout Update 6 covering progress up to end of May 2016.
Lift-up bridge, track laying, foam laying, back boards, new station layout and some requests for help with my track planning / positioning.
Please do leave comments / suggestions (on YouTube) about the TMD, station and the freight track, would really like some ideas / help on those areas.
I was given this loco as a present, and I have wanted it for a long time, this is the Class 58 in Railfreight red stripe, the model was done for Olivia’s Trains but I got these from the Deltic society at the rail show in Peterborough. I dont have enough freight cars to make a long train, so just pretend its doing a coaching stock move. Love this loco, and the Heljan model is amazing.
This is a basic how to on laying down a foam riser and covering it with plaster cloth. This is just how I do it, there maybe better and other ways to do it.
The foam track bed has been glued down for the outer track, most of the track has been cut and is loose fitted. Time to try some trains! Sorry for the non-prototypical running, the idea was to test more than run, but it ended up being a very long session.
In the space where I’m building the new layout there is an existing bench top/work top along the back wall, before I built the new base boards to extend the layout area there was some time to run trains on it, these videos are the trains running on that bench area. Its still a roundy-roundy, but atleast its not nose to tail with a 4 car HST like the test layout.
The Bench layout was extended out from both corners to make a large ‘U’ shaped layout which became the ‘main layout’, which you can see in the playlists ‘Weekend Engineering‘ and ‘Main Layout‘.